Bonding and Grounding in hazardous locations
- Bonding wire
- Ground wire
- Conductive hose
- Conductive fitting of the hose into hose connector
- Metal pump tube for "Zone 0" in Stainless steel or Hastelloy "C"
- Explosion proof motor ME I 6 Silver Star or MD-1/MD-2 (Ex)
- Nozzle in Stainles steel (handregulated)
- Earthing rod
WARNING: When using in hazardous location or when pumping flammable or explosive liquids only pump tubes marked "Zone 0" are to be used. Such metal tubes are only Stainless steel and Hastelloy "C" tubes.
- Bonding is the electrical interconnection between containers (such as drum and a receiving can). Bonding must be completed before pumping begins. For better conductivity paint and dirt shall be removed from the contact points.
- Grounding is the electrical connection between a container and a „constant ground”. A „constant ground“ would be a metal pipe (water pipe) or rod in contact with the earth. An underground tank and piping connected to it would be inherently grounded by nature of the installation.
- Both Bonding and Grounding of containers of flammable liquids are required under U.S. Government OSHA regulations and National Fire Protection Association Code 77, static electricity.
- Metal pumps in stainless steel or Hastelloy „C“ and pump motor must be bonded to metal container or grounded, if used with plastic container.